Dear Parents and visitors to our site
Many of you will already know that in our last inspection (November 13-14 2013), Ofsted judges us to be a good school.
The quotes below will give you a flavour of the inspectors' judgements of different aspects of our work in school and will act as a spur as we aim for further improvement.
A copy of the full report is available for download at the bottom of this page.
- the Headteacher provides exceptionally strong leadership. Since her appointment, impressive improvements have been made to the quality of leadership across the school... Leaders are now relentless in their drive for improvement. This in turn has led to significant improvements in the quality of teaching and pupil achievement
- governance provides high levels of support and challenge... Governors take their responsibilities seriously and undertake regular training
- leaders and managers, including Governors, have accurately focused plans which help to ensure that the quality of teaching and pupils’ achievement are continuing to improve rapidly
- the vast majority of teaching across the school is good or outstanding. As a result, from below expected starting points pupils achieve well to reach standards that are above average at the end of Year 8
- the curriculum is a particular strength it provides a wide range of opportunities for pupils to apply their knowledge in a variety of contexts
- pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strongly promoted at every opportunity
- pupils behave extremely well in lessons, on corridors and in the playground. They have very positive attitudes towards their learning
- teachers and pupils benefit from the opportunities that arise through the strong partnerships the school has cultivated with a variety of schools and other organisations