17 December 2020
The Year 6 Parents’ Evening will be an online event via Microsoft Teams and will be held during the week commencing 11 January 2021. Unfortunately, as the meetings will be online, we are unable to offer the usual opportunity to meet with individual subject teachers. You will meet with your child’s form tutor and there will be an opportunity to discuss any concerns following receipt of the report sent out this week.
In order to book an appointment, and to see when your child’s class teacher is available during that week, please log on to our parents’ booking system:
Go to http://www.parents-booking.co.uk/scissettmiddleschool or click on the link on the school website under ‘Parents’.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to type this address into your website browser’s ‘address bar’. Do not try to ‘Google’ this website address or use a search engine as that will not work. This is a common mistake on phones and tablets especially. There is also a link on the school website, under the parents’ section.
Login to see which appointments are available and select one that is convenient for you.
You will need:
- Your child’s first name and surname
- Your child’s date of birth
- Your email address
The system is live TODAY and will be open to take your bookings until 2pm on Wednesday 6 January 2021. You can book for the Parents’ Evening as soon as you receive this letter.
Troubleshooting Tips - please read before booking!
- To login you need to enter the details we have on record for you and your child. If you have recently changed your title or surname, for example, and not informed us, we will be expecting you to login with the details we have on record.
- The email address you enter is only used to receive a confirmation of your appointment. If the system gives you an error when you try to login, it will not be the email address that is the problem.
- If you have several children to make bookings for, use the ‘Change Child’ button on the blue bar (above the school’s name) in the very top left corner of the Parent’s Booking Page to swap between your children. This does not apply to the Booking Wizard, where your children are tabbed above the teacher names
Parents will receive an email, after the booking system closes down, from their child’s class teacher inviting them to a Teams meeting at their chosen time and date.
The video below shows how to access the Teams meeting (there is no sound on this video, but it does show what to click at each stage).
Mrs A Large
Head of School