Reference Number: VAC001631511
The expected start date will be September 2020. An earlier start date will be considered if candidates can accommodate.
In your role you will be part of a team within the school. As well as a thorough induction into the school and the role, you will receive regular support to help you to develop within both your current role and future career. We will also support and encourage you to undertake further training and development. There are a variety of administrative, financial and business support duties that may form part of your job it will be expected that you deal with information which may be sensitive or confidential.
You will be expected to carry out your duties in line with the School’s policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To provide an effective, flexible and responsive administrative/business support service to the Teaching Staff. This will involve providing reprographics services in line with the requirement of the school
- To ensure telephone and visitor enquiries are responded to sensitively and resolved appropriately, directing more complex calls to appropriate staff
- To provide a friendly, professional and customer focused reception service to all visitors and callers
- Undertake administrative duties connected with the planning and organisation of school events e.g. Trips, concerts, school photographs, pupil vaccinations etc.
- To word process correspondence for staff, which is often of a confidential nature.
- To ensure documents and reports are produced and formatted to school standards and within school deadlines
- To be responsible for the dispatch of all outgoing mail and keep postal record
- To be responsible for all tasks in relation to stationary and stock control for specific areas of school
- To maintain a system for the provision of emergency money to students e.g. bus fares; to monitor the use of that system and balance the account
- Responsible for organising school photographs and distribution
Systems and Equipment:
- To ensure all office equipment is used proficiently, taking into account health and safety requirements, copyright legislation, and effective stock management is maintained
- To maintain and update filing, record and information systems
- To maintain inventories and records of school office resources and ensure that inventory procedures are being followed
- Prepare and maintain both manual and computerised pupil records
- To manage the office stock of stationary and equipment
- To maintain daily, weekly and monthly figures of printing for departments
- First Aid (Full Training will be provided for this part of the role)
As part of the team in the school office you will be required to:
- To give first aid support to pupils who are ill in school (training will be given for this aspect)
- To record all student illnesses
- To deal with emergencies including immediate first aid and organising ambulance, and contacting parents/guardians
- To deal with minor incidents e.g. cuts and grazes, burns, illness and the issuing of medications
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the school may require the job holder to undertake duties commensurate with the level of the role. As part of your wider duties and responsibilities you are required to promote and actively support the School’s responsibilities towards Safeguarding. Safeguarding is about keeping people safe and protecting people from harm, neglect, abuse and injury. It is about creating safe places, being vigilant and doing something about any concerns you might have. It isn’t just about the very old and the very young, it is about everyone who may be vulnerable.
Carry out your duties with due regard to current and future School policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
For more information Click Here
Closing Date: 19 June 2020, 12.00am